On the Skillonomy platform, users monetize their knowledge and skills in different way. Some are trained for reward. Others - study and find the desired job.
In practice, this occurs in this way:
A student who wants to learn and find a job is register on the platform.
- He/she passes testing, questionnaires and specifies the aim of the training.
- A teacher who wants to teach and make a living at it is register on the platform.
- He/she fills his/her profile and competencies.
- If the student's goal coincides with the competencies of the teacher, Skillonomy gives the teacher access to the questionnaire and test results of the student.
- If the teacher finds a questionnaire appropriative, he/she offers a contract to the student.
- The student agrees with the contract and the learning begins.
- The teacher develops an education program, teaches and gives tasks.
- The student attends training sessions, does tasks and earns tokens.
- For the tokens he/she gets access to the lessons and services of the platform.
- After completing his/her education the student is employed through the platform. - After the employment he gives back the agreed fee to the teacher.
We will illustrate the work of Skillonomy using the example of the IT-oriented student Alice and IT specialist Bob.
ALICE is a student. Her purpose is:
The monthly income of $ 500.
- She is willing to spend 20 hours a week on training.
- She agrees to pay 10% success fee - reward for the result - from future salary for 2 years.
BOB is the coach. He is looking for students who want:
Receive a monthly income of $ 500
- Ready to spend 20 hours a week on training.
- Ready to pay 10% success fee - reward for the result - from the future salary for 2 years.
Bob and Alice meet on the platform in one of the DAO, where Bob acts as a coach. They sign a contract whereby Bob gives Alice the IT skills necessary to receive a monthly income of $ 500. For this, Alice undertakes to pay Bob some reward from the future salary after monetizing the acquired skills.
In the future, Bob can increase his income by becoming an investor in his DAO (for tokens received from students). And Alice can try herself as a coach in DAO Bob. In the future, our couple can acquire a Placement in Skillonomy and organize a training business on the platform - investing in creating new Offices and getting royalties.
During the education, a diligent student doesn’t pay anything and even can earn by mining. The payment performed after student gets his/her goal - finishing learning and employment through the platform. A standard learning contract involves a payment of 10% of the salary in a getting skill during the 2 years. All the details of conditions are discussed with a coach and can be changed by mutual consent.
It all depends on coach’s opportunities and qualification. Let’s consider such example:
BOB is a coach with JJP skill for which it can be gotten salary of 500 c.u. monthly.BOB is a coach with JJP skill for which it can be gotten salary of 500 c.u. monthly.
ALICE is a student. She wants to get 500 c.u. monthly and ready to give 10% of her salary during the 2 years.
BOB trained ALICE during the 6 month on a Skillonomy platform.
ALICE finds a job on Skillonomy freelance markets and pay to BOB: 50X24 = 1200 c.u. in 2 years.
If BOB train 10 students, he will get 500X24 = 12000 c.u.
If BOB improve his skills and start to teach a skill, which costs 1000 c.u. monthly, his income will be 100 c.u. monthly. Аnd 1000 c.u. monthly with 10 students.
The event brought together several hundred guests and participants. More than 50 speakers from 30 countries spoke for those present.
Skillonomy was represented by Pavlo Kovalenko, who presented new solutions in our protocol for training, business and investment.
According to the results of the conference, our project entered the top ten.
Thanks to Nooor - Armenian Blockchain Association - for a well-organized event.